Sunday, January 17, 2010

Want to Help?

Hello Everybody!

I hope this post finds you all happy, healthy, and enjoying the new year!

I am calling all helping hands...or checkbooks:) If you are not all maxed out from donating to Haiti this past week, I want to ask you to consider if helping today is something you can do.

I was contacted to see if Dollars for Diapers could do anything to help this family.

Here is the story (the short version)

In DeSoto County Mississippi two adorable twin boys were born a few days ago. Their mother has four other children and found herself in a situation that she could no longer handle. She couldn't keep her babies. She just couldn't. Her sister stepped in and is in the process of trying to legally adopt the boys. However, due to the situation and having no time to prepare, this lady and the babies are in need of everything. Clothes, diapers, wipes, blankets, lotions/creams, formula, pacifiers, etc...you get the picture.

I verified the situation and wanted to assure you that any donations made will go to TWO deserving little boys...who despite no reason on their part...are getting a rough start in the world.

If you have any clean infant clothing in good repair, diapers, wipes, toys, creams, blankets, etc that you would like to donate please e-mail me and I will send you our shipping address. If you have any funds that you can spare...EVEN JUST A DOLLAR...send me an e-mail and I will get you our address. And of course you can donate through Pay Pal by clicking on the link on the blog.

Thank you all in advance!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Laura e-mail me the address. I think I can find some things to fill a box for them. How do you know the family?

Dollars for Diapers said...

Thanks Kristin...I will e-mail you. I personally do not know the family. A lady contacted me because she knew of Dollars for Diapers.